MindSqualls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motors only rotate sometimes when accessed in C#-Timer

2 posters

Go down

Motors only rotate sometimes when accessed in C#-Timer Empty Motors only rotate sometimes when accessed in C#-Timer

Post  lumpiluk Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:43 am

Hi,

MindSqalls is exactly what I've been looking for since some time now and I already programmed a simple remote for my NXT (using Motor.Run(x, 0)), which works great.
Now I've started writing an application to control a time lapse rig for my digital camera. I wrote it so that each motor can rotate independently some degrees every interval. Unfortunately, most of the intervals seem to be skipped and I only hear one short beep from the motors.

I followed the quick start quide, but maybe I missed something?
Basically, what I did, is this:
Code:

NxtBrick brick;

private void Start()
{
    brick = new NxtBrick(NxtCommLinkType.USB, 0);

brick.MotorA = new NxtMotor();
    brick.MotorB = new NxtMotor();
    brick.MotorC = new NxtMotor();

brick.Connect();

//start timers
}

private void TimerATick()
{
    brick.MotorA.Run(power, /*some value > 0*/);
}

lumpiluk

Back to top Go down

Motors only rotate sometimes when accessed in C#-Timer Empty Re: Motors only rotate sometimes when accessed in C#-Timer

Post  Niels Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:11 am

I suspect that you are attempting to send the commands to the NXT far too quickly for it process them.

If a command is sent before the previous has run to the end, the new command interrupts the previous. The commands are not queued in the NXT.

Niels

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum